Thursday, October 23, 2014

Homemade Ghee...buttery goodness

I woke up needed to create a cornbread stuffing for some chicken breast and ending up creating a jar of this golden goodness. I used 1/3 cup of Ghee in my cornbread instead of vegetable oil.
I learned about using Ghee from a Paleo site I'm following www.Paleogrubs.com. I searched how the process was done but chose to buy it from an market that specialized in Indian foods. One day I ran out of Ghee and decided to give the process a try. Ghee is created by heating butter to a high heat causing the fat to bubble up and separate from the oils then strained with a fine metal strainer and BOOM! you have Ghee. Although its not that simple but, it really is once you get the hang of it. With the fat and salt portion I use it to lightly season my veggies, I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment