Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ooh so yummy Pumpkin pancakes

I woke up today Sunday morning, wanting and craving something pumpkin. I searched my cookbooks and then the internet and found the recipe for these yummy pancakes. The recipe is adapted from allrecipes.com but with three minor adjustments I whipped up a batch and served them with maple syrup and butter...It's that season again where almost everything is pumpkin.
                                           To make this delicious stack of cakes I used
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups of fat free ilk **( the recipe just asked for milk)
I cup of pure pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 TBSP of melted butter **( the recipe called for vegetable oil)
2 TBSP vinegar
2 cups of all-purpose flour
3 TBSP light brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt **( I used sea salt) 
2 medium size mixing bowls
 DIRECTIONS:
1) in one bowl mix together *( I used a whisk) milk, pumpkin, egg, oil/butter, and vinegar
2) in the other bowl mix and combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt/sea salt
3) make a well in the flour mixture and pour the pumpkin mixture into the well and whisk enough  to combine the two

4) Heat a griddle to 325F or skillet to medium high heat and coat with butter flavored cooking spray or vegetable oil *( I used buttered flavored cooking spray). Using a 1/4 cup pour a scoop of batter onto the griddle, allow the batter to cook and form bubbles and become dry looking before flipping them over 
 
5) Flip'em over allow to cook and brown, serve them on a warm plate top them with butter and maple syrup....  and ENJOY!!! 
HAPPY SUNDAY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment