Friday, June 5, 2015

BBQ & veggies

This plate contains leftovers, heavy cream, Greek yogurt, butter, EVOO, herbs, bacon, garlic.....and oh yeah #veggies. I didn't want just plain ole leftovers sitting on a beautiful white plate so I spruced it up a bit with what I had in the frig. I found some recipes for bacon wrapped asparagus but they called for bigger size asparagus so I improvised and used the thin one and this is what happened....TADAH 
 
Preheat oven to 375 - 400 
 For the asparagus I started with 9 thin asparagus seasoned them with EVOO, pepper flakes, and Kosher salt. Then, wrapped them in 1/2 a slice of bacon secured them with a piece of toothpick
 
 
Using a foiled lined broiler set I baked the wraps for 12 minutes then turned over and switched the oven on Hi broil to get as much color to the bacon as possible without over cooking the asparagus (this part is done to your desired color)
 For the 'smashed red potatoes' I washed and cut 5 medium red potatoes, boiled them in salted water with 3 whole garlic gloves and 1/2 TBSP of fresh chopped rosemary. When tested for partial doneness pour the water off leaving about 2 TBSP of water return the pot to stove reduce heat, add yogurt 1 TBSP (then adjust accordingly), heavy cream 2 TBSP (then adjust accordingly), and 1/2 TBSP butter (then adjust accordingly), and salt to taste. Using a potato masher smash the potatoes but not too much and there you have

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment