Monday, January 19, 2015

Chocolate protein pancakes

Absolutely delicious..... period that's all!!!
I think I'm on some kind of pancake mission. This morning at 4:45a.m I woke up wanting some pancakes not something or any old thing sweet, but some pancakes. I also had to consider I was trying to lose a few pounds so I needed these cakes to be tasty, satisfying, waist watching, and chocolaty delicious. So, I turn on my computer and went chocolate pancake hunting and came across a recipe that's simple quick and chalk full of protein. I had to make some adjustments to what I had on hand in my kitchen at 5a.m.
  

 
HERE'S WHAT I HAD TO USE
2 large strawberries, sliced and drizzled with honey
2 TBSP pure maple syrup
2 eggs
1 ripe banana mashed
1 cinnamon stick (I used my zest grater to get a fine ground of cinnamon) 1 tsp.
*****or just use ground cinnamon...I was out so?
1 TBSP #Hershey unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup old fashion rolled oats
1/8 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
2 TBSP Muscle Milk brand 100 calories chocolate whey protein powder 
coconut oil for frying
 
 

DIRECTION
1) slice the strawberries and drizzle with honey then set aside
2) add the oat into a food processor and pulse into a powder form but I left a few chunks
3) add to the processor the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and whey protein and pulse ingredients together
4) mash the banana with a fork mashing out all or most of the lumps, now add the eggs to the banana and mix well
5) add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well.....meanwhile
6) heat a large skillet or griddle on medium low add coconut oil
7) ****this batter made 3 using a 1/4 cup to measure. You can make this as small as you want or as big as you wan...t TIP* just know that these cake are delicate and not so easy to flip, so flip them when you notice the bubbling
8) when complete top with the strawberries and drizzle with the maple syrup
 
ENJOY!!! 
 
This recipe was adapted from insidebrucrewlife.com 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment