Sunday, January 18, 2015

Think 'tropical' Oatmeal for breakfast

Oatmeal is known for helping you stay full, well this oatmeal is so full of coconut & banana natural flavor I was really happy with the taste, I think you will be also..... ENJOY!!!
The coconut milk I used (Thai Kitchen unsweetened) is thick and rich I love it #ThaiKitchen. I also used the So Delicious brand coconut milk that has 45 calories per cup but only used 1/2 cup in this dish. The taste is #awesome no need for butter.
 
I USED to make 2 servings
 
1/4 cup So Delicious (unsweetened and 45 calories per cup) coconut milk
1 cup Sunny Select Old Fashion Oats
1 cup water
1/3 cup (5TBSP) Thai Kitchen (unsweetened) coconut milk
1 med size banana mashed
1/2 TBSP cinnamon, 2 tsp light brown sugar, (I eyeballed the following) ground ginger, nutmeg, cumin



 
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
 
1) over medium heat bring all milks, brown sugar and water to a boil
2) add oats and reduce heat to low (be patient), cook until fluids are dissolved, stirring frequently
3) remove from heat, add the spices and stir mixing completely
4) add the mashed banana and mix in well (at this point season according to taste), let cool then serve with fruit

 
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment