Saturday, April 12, 2014

Gingerbread cake made from SPLENDA

My doctor informed me that my blood sugar numbers were rising since I've started baking, seeing that I'm not ready to stop baking or enjoying what I bake I figured I'd change the way I bake. I found this Gingerbread cake on www.diabetes.org and it is delicious. But, their cake (pictured without drizzle)  suggests just dusting the cool finshed cake with powder sugar and I've included their nutritional value for that cake (servings of 18 slices).
Well...me being me added a cream cheese drizzle and actual crystal ginger candy to the batter just because (I didnt do the values for this).
I can honestly say this cake can stand alone it is flavorful and moist...it is truely delicious just with a light dusting of confections sugar.

Thank you Diabetes.org for making available great recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment