Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blueberry dump cake

                   Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... really!

No really, I couldn't believe how easy this sweet thang was to make I would've doubled the ingredients and made a 13x9 pan so let's get to. My curiosity lead me to two different sites but I had some ingredients for one but not enough for the other so this is what I ended up with and I'm proud to say, "I did it"!!

                                    I USED...

- 1 18oz box of yellow cake mix

- 4 cups fresh blueberries

- 3 TBSP white sugar

- 1/2 cup butter melted

- 1 can or more of 7up soda (you might need more to cover any dry spots)

- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or to desired taste

- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

                                   Now.....

- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a 8x8 baking pan, I suggest a glass dish

.....then melt the 1/2 cup butter set aside

-NOW
season the blueberries with the cinnamon, lemon and sugar fold and toss them all together...
 
-take the seasoned berries and pour them into the prepared butter pan
-Next...
pour the cake mix over the berries then pour the melted butter over the cake mix and then...

-Now...
take the 7up and pour slowly over cakecmix DO NOT STIR, making sure not to leave any dry spots but don't over moisten it. The soda will give you the delicious crust 

Now...
place in oven on middle rack and bake for 30-35 minutes (max 40 minutes) and then to desired color...
Serve piping hot topped with ice cream or warm with whipped topping or as is when cold

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment