Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Double Decker Cheddar cheese cheeseburger


Making this burger has been on my brain for weeks now after buying a box of 100% Angus beef patties from the local Walmart at a good price of course. I really didn't want a deep flavored rub on it I wanted something different, so I used...
a coffee & garlic rub from Trader's Joe
extra garlic powder, cracked black pepper, chili peppers and garlic infused EVOO, and dash of salt on both sides, allowed them to marinate at room temperature for 30-45 minutes wrapped in plastic

While the rub and spices attacked the meats (F.Y.I...the patty at the lower end of plate is an Jenny O turkey burger), I pan toasted the freshly made hamburger buns I got from Walmart in EVOO, sliced the vine ripened tomato, sliced a red onion, and washed and dried a few leafs of iceberg lettuce. My guess requested tomato pesto on their turkey burger so...
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, drizzle with EVOO place thawed beef patties in allow to cook roughly 2-3 minutes ( i wanted mines medium well) on the first side then flip cook additional 2 minutes check for desired doneness by using a meat thermometer or by the color of the juice flow. Remove from heat place skillet on rack let meat rest a minute or two, place cheese on top l, then begin to build your 'tower of power'...
ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment