Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A well thought out meal plan

I normally cook my weekly meals on Sundays and then on Wednesdays or Thursdays then I buy fresh meats and veggies on Saturdays. I was able to plan this week's meals with the help of my  bestest friend who brought over the pork roast and it was so good it was cooked in apples, but he won't tell me his recipe... I'll get it out of him just wait till I cook my 'Apple crisp' I'll get it out of him!

I must be honest...if I don't plan or prepare my meals ahead of time I'd grab the first thing my hands can get hold to, really ...and that's not good so try to have good snacks on hands but, I love to bake (like right now I'm thinking about baking some Orange cranberry white chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies for my guess on Friday)... but my hips and waistline are in a constant battle with my baking. But, when I eat I mindfully cook and choose the healthier versions of stuff.
BREAKFAST:
Over easy eggs fried in coconut oil, this gives a crispy edge around the eggs. I found that during the cooking time if a lid is placed over the eggs it will help cook the white part of the eggs...nothing like an 'undercooked' over easy egg
• I add basil, pepper flakes, sea salt, cracked black pepper, to my eggs not only for flavor but for a bright color effect...often times I sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese on top or on the bed of sauté spinach before putting the eggs on top (like I did today)...yummy!!!
SNACK:
If I had a choice of snacks I'll always, well 8 times out of 10 I'll choose Greek yogurt (like now I'mma bout to eat my snack as it is in the picture, "I'll be back"!!!...
Ok...I'm back, on to lunchtime
LUNCHTIME...
• for me lunchtime is fun time that gives me time to think about what I don't want for dinner. Today's lunch was a combination of my favorite finger foods, protein, and simple greens. I used a few sprays of infused garlic pepper EVOO on my spinach. I grilled the four 4oz turkey patties on Sunday so, 1 1/2 is like 6oz they are moist and topped with the pan drippings for added flavor... Yep!!!

DINNERTIME:
(LouLou be in her spot as soon as the camera comes out, I think I should start paying her for her appearances)...
By this time of day I try and eat dinner by 8 anytime after that I'll do a simple protein shake and call it a night especially if I didn't plan or prepare me a plate. Today its "pork roast" #YEY !!! it's known that pork doesn't really have a taste so you have to cook it with seasoning, fruits, and or herbs to give that kick. Well, my bestest cooked a pork loin and shared about 6 nice slices with me (these are my last two slices), they are tender I was able to use my fork to slice into it, I topped mines with pumpkin butter because I love it so much. I asked how'd he cook it he just said, "in raisins and apples"...Oh, he will talk.
• the brown rice is full of flavor cooked in butter, chopped Rosemary and 1/2 jalapeño pepper, it came out fluffy. I caramelized the onions, stir fried the stringbeans then added a Chinese marinade... finger licking good!!!

...and that's all in a day's meal
ENJOY!!!

TUESDAY'S MEALS:
Included for

 breakfast:
~ kiwi, spinach, and apple protein shake

lunch:
~ oven rotisserie chicken (thigh &leg) and green apple slices

dinner:
~ 6oz grilled turkey patty
spinach & lettuce salad blend topped with Kern's low-cal Asian ginger salad dressing and green beans (I didn't have room for the grilled corn-on-the-cob)

No comments:

Post a Comment