Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Orangesicle cheesecake tart

I have no patience when it comes to tasting... my attempt at creating something of my own had me up at 4:30 this morning taking pictures ..."morning sunshine"! This thin slice of deliciousness was such a hit at my family recent get together I was requested to make another one the next day.

This cheesecake is fluffy, not too thick and sliced into 16 slices just enough to satisfy the craving for that orange vanilla popsicle of yesteryears. So, let's get started because I love cheesecake so much my patience is next to nothing during its chilling time. Today my oldest daughter Brandi and her son Xavier a.k.a 'Scrappy' stopped by try my latest dish, Scrappy said, "can I have another piece"? I said, "hun you just had two slices"... he said, "those were small I you shouldda just cut the whole thing into 4 pieces and save me the trouble of keep asking"... So you might wanna think about the size of the slices.


THE CRUST:
~ 7 honey graham crackers
~ 4 TBSP butter melted
~ 2 TBSP white sugar
~ 8 inch parchment lined spring form pan


THE FILLING:
~ 1 package of 8oz cream cheese softened
~ 1/4 cup powder sugar
~ 1/4 cup white s sugar
~ zest from 2 small orange
~ juice from 1 small orange
~ 1 large egg
~ 1 tsp. Vanilla extract.

Now...
Preheat oven to 350°

~ Using a food processor, pulse the cracker down them add sugar and continue into a fine grind then add melted butter scrapping down sides when needed
~ pour the crust into the prepared pan and level the crust out evenly plus up the sides of the pan about 1/2 - 1 inch
Now...
~ pour the batter on top of crust, try a tap out all to most air bubbles ( I wasn't that successful) put on middle rack and allow to cook for 15 minutes at 350° then lower heat to 300° and allow to cook for 45-50 minutes
....cake is done when it no longer jiggling in the middle, the cake will puff up during cooking but will level off or sink a bit in middle as it cools.
THEE SAUCE...
~ 1 TBSP Grand Martier (+ -) 
**I started off with 2 tsp then work my way up listed measurement
~ zest of small orange
~ juice of 1/2 small orange
~ 3 TBSP (+ -) orange marmalade
~ 2 TBSP Certo fruit pectin
~ approx 3 - 4 TBSP of hot water
~ in a mug using hand wand mixer or Emerson stick mixer, mix together marmalade and warm water until mix is loose
~ pour mixture into a medium sauce pan, add orange juices, zest, Certo and bring to a boil until a white foam forms now add Grand Martier allow to boil a minute more to allow alcohol to burn off
~ lower heat to allow cool and thicken up, now remove from heat, while sauce is still loose pour over top of cheesecake and chill completely overnight
~ decorate and serve in 16 slices
ENJOY...

No comments:

Post a Comment