Thursday, June 12, 2014

Paleo chocolate chip cookies


I was hoping that I wouldn't have to give up my love for chocolate chip cookies. Now that I am learning the Paleo lifestyle and choose to go this route I see I can have my chocolate and eat it to. I've added some add in's to this recipe but the foundation of it is sill there. This recipe makes 10 small cookies but or 5 big ones, my thought when it comes to cookies is "go big or go home" so I went BIG! and now its only 3 left.
 
                                                                                You need:
1 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 TBSP honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 TBSP almond milk
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
***I added 1 TBSP of Heath toffee nuggets
***I added 1 tsp. butter flavor
 
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, butter flavor, and almond milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee nuggets.
 
2) Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheet and form into a circle***I found that I didn't have to flatten the dough or form it. Bake for 8-12 minutes until the bottoms are golden. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
Notes:
** makes 10 small cookies or 5 large cookies
**One tablespoon of coconut oil is not the same as one tablespoon of melted coconut oil be sure to measure the oil after you melt it.
 
...ENJOY!!! 

1 comment:

  1. These keep fabulous in the refrigerator divided by wax paper

    ReplyDelete