Thursday, June 26, 2014

Toffee peanut butter. ..or peanut butter chocolate chip

Yesterday I woke up needing to bake something easy so with the ingredients I had I made some chocolate chip and toffee peanut butter cookies. But, the only thing I didn't like was the chocolate chips I used tasted old and chalky but my son ate them none the less. So this morning at 6:30am I was up back at'em and use the Baker's semi sweet chocolate bar and chopped it into chunks, the results are yummy chewy ummmhummness cookies.
***in addition I added a blend of mixed crushed nut (almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds) into the mix.
I eyeballed the measurements because I remember my Nanny used to make these cookies without a measuring cup as she use to say, "A sprinkle of this a splash of that and a whole lotta love"
...and these came out great. so in a ball park measure I used
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
approx.1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
2/4 cup brown sugar (1/4 cups 2 x's)
1 1/2 TBSP condense sweet milk
Baker's semi sweet chocolate bar approx, 1/2 cup broken up into chunks
approx 1/2 cup Heath toffee nuggets
 
Combine peanut butter, baking soda, egg, sugar, condense milk until well combined then divide mix add chocolate chip to one half and toffee to the other half, use a ice cream scooper for larger cookies or a full size melon scooper for smaller size cookies, place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake @350 for 8-10 minutes. 


ENJOY!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment